Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Exclamation Daily Dump for Tuesday, April 16th, 2013

Daily Dump for Tuesday, April 16th, 2013
    Follow Kramer on Twitter: Outlaw_Radio
    Follow Kramer's Gamers on Twitter: KramersGamers
    Join the Kramer Show fans Facebook here.
    Call the show live between 3p-6pm at (217) 629-7970
    Advertise on Kramer's Gamers or this site. Call (217) 816-4263
    Friend us on Skype! 'thekramershow'
    Member of the Day yesterday: Kramer
    Thread of the Day yesterday: "BREAKING: Explosions at the finish of the Boston marathon"
    New Threads yesterday: 48

Let's recap and get you caught up, first.

Two Bombs Exploded at the Boston Marathon, Killing Three and Injuring 144

Yesterday at 2:50 in the afternoon, Eastern Time, two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Here's what you need to know . . .

The Dead: Three people were killed. The names and ages of all three weren't released . . . but we know one of them was an eight-year-old boy.

The Injured: 144 people were injured. 17 of them are in critical condition . . . 25 of them are in serious condition . . . Eight of the injured are children . . . and one is as young as three.

Types of Injuries: At least 10 people lost limbs, and doctors at multiple hospitals had to perform amputations. The most common injuries were leg injuries . . . to muscle, tissue, skin, and broken bones . . . and a lot of people were hit by shrapnel that was either contained in the bombs, or sent flying by the explosions.

The Bombs: The first explosion took place at 2:50 P.M., and the second explosion took place 12 seconds later, about 100 yards away, on the same side of the street.

The bombs have been described as small and crude, but effective. Officials supposedly know HOW they were detonated, but they aren't releasing that information yet. Here's what they ARE saying . . .

There were no initial signs of high-grade explosive material, like plastic explosives. That kind of material has a blast rate of 20,000 square feet per second.

Here we're talking about something with a more crude construction, using black powder, with a blast rate of 7,000 square feet per second. To put that in perspective, a bullet from a 9-millimeter handgun travels at about 1,000 feet per second.

So these devices had the ability to injure people 100 yards away, and if they contained ball bearings or other shrapnel, you're looking at serious, grisly injuries. And the bombs were located close to the ground, which is why there were so many leg injuries.

The Attack: Because of the timing and the placement, the attack was obviously COORDINATED. Here's why . . .

The first blast happened right before the four-hours-and-ten-minutes mark of the marathon. Fours hours, nine minutes, and 45 seconds to be exact. That's significant because it's THE busiest finishing time of the marathon.

All the elite runners have already crossed, along with most of the disabled who do the marathon in wheelchairs. So it's right when the HIGHEST number of people running for CHARITIES and CAUSES plow through. Another tragic aspect of the bombing.

70% of the people running the marathon are doing it for a cause, and the finish line is like the Times Square of marathon watching. So whoever timed and placed the bombs knew what they were doing.

Supposedly police found a third device, but there were ongoing questions about whether it was found and defused, or even related. Other initial reports suggested that there were as many as FIVE devices around Boston, one in a nearby hotel.

If that were the case, those unexploded devices would be HUGE for the investigation.

Who Did It? There are no suspects . . . there's no one in custody . . . and there have been no claims of responsibility. But . . .

There's a huge multi-agency investigation going on, involving all levels of government, including the FBI and the ATF. The National Guard has sealed off the area, and authorities are pouring over surveillance, media, and cell phone footage.

Police ARE looking for a dark-skinned or black male, wearing a black backpack and black sweatshirt, who tried to get into a restricted area not long before the first blast.

Last night, Massachusetts State Police spent hours checking a lead at an apartment in Revere, Massachusetts, five miles from downtown Boston. They referred questions to the FBI, so it seems connected to the ongoing investigation.

The appearance that the attack was going for MASS CASUALTIES suggests a foreign terrorist group. But again, the bombs themselves were pretty crude, and no one has claimed responsibility.

A DOMESTIC terror attack would be more likely to go after the Federal government or a military installation. So basically it's all speculation at this point.

PRESIDENT OBAMA spoke about the bombings yesterday evening. He offered his sympathies and also promised, quote, "We will find out who did this. We will find out why they did this . . . any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice."

He didn't use the word "terror" or refer to it as a terrorist attack, but the FBI HAS classified it as one, since a bombing at a major U.S. event is an act of terror no matter WHO did it.

The Marathon: The Boston Marathon started in 1897, and is the world's oldest annual marathon. All in all, 23,326 people started the race, and the bombs exploded about an hour after the winners finished.

So: 17,584 crossed the finish line . . . 4,496 were held back at a certain point near the bomb zone . . . and 1,246 didn't make it up to the holding point.

The Explosion at the Boston Marathon Brought Out the Best in Runners and Boston Residents

The explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon was a tragedy. And like a lot of tragedies, it also gave people the opportunity to step up and help RESTORE our faith in humanity. Here are a few bright spots from a dark day:

1. The First Responders: Anyone whose first instinct after hearing the explosions was to RUN TOWARD them to help is a HERO. You see it in the videos from the moment of the attack . . . police officers and race volunteers rushed toward the bomb, before the second one went off.

2. The runners who finished a 26.2 mile race and then went to the hospital to donate blood: One runner who wasn't named crossed the finish line, and just KEPT RUNNING until he got to Massachusetts General Hospital.

3. The people who lived along the course and helped stranded runners: When they called off the race, runners were left all over Boston. Some people offered runners their bathrooms, food, and drinks, or just invited them in to talk.

(The Atlantic Wire)

4. 78-year-old Bill Iffrig of Washington State is the older runner you've seen in all the videos. He's the one who stumbles and falls before the first blast, about 15 feet from the finish line. He only suffered a scratched leg, and completed race.

And when cops tried to help him and give him wheelchair, he refused, and walked six blocks to his hotel, and returned to his wife.

There was also a woman who was filming the end of her own race. So there's video from her perspective, and the first bomb goes off maybe 100 feet in front of her.

The clearest angle of the SECOND blast is cell phone footage shot from down the street. Right when it happens, the woman who's shooting it is talking about the first explosion. Then the second bomb goes off, and she immediately starts running.

Aftermath video from the Boston Globe

Fox News shows live footage of the guy with his leg blown off

WHO DID IT

This was written by Debbie Schlussel. Debbie was a friend of mine in Detroit. She was on Howard Stern's show MULTIPLE times after 911 talking about the ins and outs of politics in Afghanistan and Iraq. She knows what she's talking about - and this is directly from her blog.

**** UPDATE: NBC News’ Pete Williams Reports Suspect is Here on STUDENT VISA! NBC News White House Correspondent Chuck Todd: White House Decided Obama Would NOT Use Word “Terrorism” to Describe Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack; DebbieSchlussel.com Suggestion: “Documented Immigrant Marathon Workplace Violence by Future Great American (Under Rubio Amnesty)”****

Well, I was wrong about whether or not we’d learn who did the bombings today at the Boston Marathon and the JFK Library, but not wrong about who did it. A “Saudi national” (translation: MUSLIM) has been ID’d as a suspect and is under guard at a hospital, according to the New York Post. Shocker. You know he had accomplices. And question: wouldn’t he qualify for amnesty under the Marco Rubio Senate Gangbang of Eight Immigration Amnesty Bill (until today)? Don’t bet against that. Oh, and check out Muslim Rudy Faraj’s charming “Religion of Modesty” Tweet to me on Twitter (follow me on Twitter), below. Islam had nothing to do with it? Really? Uh-huh. And potatoes have nothing to do with fries. Oh, and did I mention that today is Israeli Independence Day? There are no coincidences.

Praise allah, Marco Boob-io Immigration Amnesty Bill Will Give Plenty Like Today’s Boston Marathon Terrorist a Pathway to Citizenship

Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned. Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital. It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension. The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

In addition, Boston police have has surveillance video of someone bringing multiple backpacks to blast site, according to CBS News. Police also confirmed that there was a third explosion, at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It was not immediately clear how much damage was done or whether it was related to the bombings at the marathon finish line. The library bombing occurred about 4:30 p.m. and more than a mile from the marathon. A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today’s blast.

Kramer:

I was sitting in the control room yesterday afternoon writing out questions for Mark Cullen, who is the City's attorney. He and I had talked on Facebook and I invited him in to the studio. That is something I very rarely do, but in this case I really wanted him to come up. I had Fox News on and in the background I hear them break in with an alert that a bomb had gone off in Boston.

I immediately spin around in my chair and see absolute chaos in the street. There were yellow jackets everywhere and people were running. I hit the talk back button (A button that allows me to communicate with the news studio) and said, "Jim are you seeing this shit?" He said no. "Bombs in Boston. It looks like 911 all over again. You have to see this," I said. He walks in and within a few minutes we see the footage of the man with a leg blown off; the same video above this text.

It was an eerie feeling. When 911 occurred, I was a 31 year old man. Seeing how I personally handle something like this at 42, compared to 31 is pretty surreal in and of itself. More maturity and more realization that this stuff is just going to happen. I digress.

Boston EMT and Police handled this as flawlessly as I could have ever imagined a group of people would. You have to admit, if you watch the videos of then this went down, the fucking SPRUNG in to action. It was really impressive. Kudos to those people.

But like it or not, now the machine cranks up and we start dissecting this thing to figure out who did it, why, and how they did it.

As a member of the Faithful 55, I implore you to find information, bring it to the forums, and post it. You can start a new thread or you can throw it in one of the already made threads about Boston. Either way, I want people to know we will have the absolute latest as it happens.
    Help Kramer "stick it to the suits"!

Click here to become a Patron and help fund the show.
    Click here for the new website and to hear the shows.

Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Picture of bombing suspect?

Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Death toll at 3 in Boston Marathon bombing seen by White House as terrorism

The deadly bombing at the Boston Marathon that killed at least three and injured at least 144 is believed to be an act of terrorism, senior White House officials told Fox News.

Two explosions tore through the finish line of the world-famous race just before 3 p.m., going off simultaneously as throngs of onlookers watched runners complete the 26.2-mile trek. The timing of the blasts immediately sparked suspicions of a deliberate act.

“When multiple devices go off, that’s an act of terrorism,” a senior administration official told Fox News, just moments after President Obama delivered a statement to the nation and did not use the word “terror.”

Authorities searched an apartment in the nearby Boston suburb of Revere as part of the investigation into the explosions. FoxNews.com saw federal, state and local law enforcement entering the building late Monday night and early Tuesday morning.

Sources confirmed to FoxNews.com that the apartment being searched in connection to the bombings is on the fifth floor of the building.

A source close to the investigation confirms to FoxNews.com the man whose apartment was searched is considered a person of interest in the case, and is the same person of interest Fox News confirmed earlier authorities are guarding at a local hospital.

The source confirmed to FoxNews.com that the person of interest is Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, a 20-year-old Saudi. His Facebook page identifies him as a current or former student at the New England School of English. He is believed to have entered the country on a student visa.

The source stressed that Alharbi is a person of interest, not a suspect, and said he suffered serious injuries in the explosion.

Investigators were seen leaving the Revere house early Tuesday carrying brown paper bags, plastic trash bags and a duffel bag, according to the Associated Press.

The Pakistani Taliban, which has threatened attacks in the United States because of its support for the Pakistani government, denied any role in the marathon bombings Tuesday.

The group's spokesman, Ahsanullah Ahsan, denied involvement in a telephone call with The Associated Press. He spoke from an undisclosed location.

Federal investigators said Monday no one had claimed responsibility for the devastating attack on one of the city's most famous civic holidays, Patriots Day.

“There is no suspect,” said Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis said Monday amid reports of the person of interest. “There are people we’re talking to.”

A first responder source confirms to Fox News that five total explosive devices were found in the Boston area, including the two that exploded. Authorities spent the next several hours sweeping the area for additional devices.

Davis said at an evening press conference the bombing killed “at least three,” and multiple reports said one of the dead was an eight-year-old boy. A source tells the Associated Press the boy's mother and sister were also injured as they waited for his father to finish the race.

A first responder source tells Fox News all of the victims were either bystanders or marathon runners, and that two of the deceased were adults.

In addition to the deaths, more than 144 people were injured – including up to 10 with amputated limbs and 17 critically.

At Massachusetts General Hospital, Alasdair Conn, chief of emergency services, said: "This is something I've never seen in my 25 years here ... this amount of carnage in the civilian population. This is what we expect from war."

Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis said during a press conference that no suspect is in custody. The first two explosions occurred at 2:50 p.m. – nearly five hours after the marathon began – about 50 to 100 yards apart, according to Davis. A third explosion occurred near the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in the Columbia Point section of Dorchester, several miles southeast of the marathon's finish line, at around 4:15 p.m. Police could not say if it was related to the earlier explosions.

The horror unfolded as the city marked the 238th annual Patriot's Day, commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord at the beginning of the Revolutionary War. Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the bloody chaos, while some witnesses reported seeing victims with lost limbs.

"Somebody's leg flew by my head," a spectator, who gave his name as John Ross, told the Boston Herald. “I gave my belt to stop the blood.”
    Twenty-six people were transported to Brigham and Women's Hospital, including a 3-year-old, who was then taken to a children's hospital. A doctor at the hospital said at least two of the patients there are in critical condition and that some have burns and injuries that will likely require amputations.

"They just started bringing people in with no limbs," said runner Tim Davey of Richmond, Va. He said he and his wife, Lisa, tried to shield their children's eyes from the gruesome scene inside a medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners, but "they saw a lot."

"They just kept filling up with more and more casualties," Lisa Davey said. "Most everybody was conscious. They were very dazed."

Witnesses heard booms that sounded like two claps of thunder near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel, according to multiple local reports. Video of the scene showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims and blood on the ground near the finish line.

"I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising," Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy, who was running in the marathon, told the newspaper. "I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something...There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads.”

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

"There are people who are really, really bloody," McLean said. "They were pulling them into the medical tent."

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race. "I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

While the White House does in fact believe terrorism was at play, lawmakers were increasingly reaching the same conclusion.
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, reportedly said her understanding it “that it’s a terrorist incident.”

Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., top Republican on that committee, also said that “as the evidence mounts that this was a terrorist attack, our intelligence and law enforcement agencies must do whatever is necessary to find and interrogate those responsible so we can prevent similar attacks."

Authorities in New York, meanwhile, are deploying counter-terrorism vehicles around landmark sites in Manhattan, including prominent hotels, according to the New York City Police Department.

Nearly 25,000 people, including runners from around the world, competed in Boston's celebrated 26.2-mile race, attracting huge throngs of onlookers, especially near the finish line.

"This is a horrific day in Boston," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said in a statement. "My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been injured. I have been in touch with the President, Mayor [Thomas] Menino and our public safety leaders. Our focus is on making sure that the area around Copley Square is safe and secured. I am asking everyone to stay away from Copley Square and let the first responders do their jobs."

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So I just read on Facebook..... (Queue Conspiracy Theory) ... That supposedly the Boston PD Bomb Squad coincidentally were doing drills in the area. Anyone else heard this?

[update] - and no, i am not a Conspiracy Theorist. I was just wanting to know if anyone else has heard people saying this.
    Last edited by Casper; 04-16-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I wonder if any of the people of interest could possibly someone that maybe was disqualified from the Race for whatever reasons, or possibly someone that did not qualify that feels that they should have.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Personally, I've decided to avoid ALL news media outlets today. Radio, TV, Huffington, MSNBC, etc.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    So I just read on Facebook..... (Queue Conspiracy Theory) ... That supposedly the Boston PD Bomb Squad coincidentally were doing drills in the area. Anyone else heard this?

[update] - and no, i am not a Conspiracy Theorist. I was just wanting to know if anyone else has heard people saying this.
    I am listening to the same thing on the radio now that across the loudspeakers came an announcement that this was just a bomb sniffing drill and not to be alarmed.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuba View Post
    I am listening to the same thing on the radio now that across the loudspeakers came an announcement that this was just a bomb sniffing drill and not to be alarmed.
    Curious if anyone has that audio

Member Of The Day The Pink Panther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how many guns were used in the bombing?

Oh that's right . . . zero.

Fucking stupid cunty liberals.