User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is she too fat to be a cheerleader?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 27.50%
  • No

58 72.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she too fat to be a cheerleader?

○ You will hate me eventually ○ Kramer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Is she too fat to be a cheerleader?

Houston Radio Station Asks if Oklahoma City Thunder Cheerleader is 'Too Chunky'

This is not a screencap from an Onion story. No, we didn’t Photoshop anything other than the red lines and arrows. Someone at CBS Houston, or one of its radio partners, wants to know if this Oklahoma City Thunder dancer is “too chunky.”
    This was legitimately posted this afternoon on CBS Houston radio’s website without a byline. Seriously.
    Of course we started doing requisite Twitter searches to see if this was seriously a questioned raised Sunday during game one of Rockets-Thunder. BC researchers can’t find anything. Maybe there was a terrible mistake and the writer was referencing the fat OKC guy who dances behind the basket.
    Here are your 2012-13 Thunder Girls. We’re having a hard time finding the fat one.
    Whomever wrote this should step forward and be congratulated.
    Besides…not every man likes women to be toothpick skinny. In fact, I’d say most men prefer a little extra meat on her bones. Am I right?
    What do you think? Is this chick “too chunky” to be a cheerleader?
    Either way, I wish she had a little more up on top, if you know what I mean…
    The results of the CBS Houston radio poll question as of of 2:48 p.m. EST:

• She has the perfect look to be an NBA cheerleader – 56.6%
    • She could use some tightening up in her midsection – 24.53%
    • She has no business wearing that outfit in front of people – 18.87%

As for Game One, Rockets fans would’ve had plenty of time to analyze dancers since their team was getting drilled, 120-91. The offseason is officially very close for James Harden.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    God fucking forbid women have curves!!! What the fuck is the matter with these douches?? She's flippin' smokin'!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as she's not a flyer, no she's not.
    "Sometimes there is a fine line between sarcasm and stupidity. The line could be described as trust. Apparently some of us didn't trust that you were not stupid in this thread." -SmiggieBalls

Supreme Deity
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Female sports blogger who called NBA cheerleader 'too chunky' to perform comes under fire for 'hateful attack'
    A CBS blogger who commented on the perceived weight problem of NBA Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader, Kelsey Williams, has come under fire for labeling her 'too chunky' to perform.

Under the pen name 'Claire Crawford,' blogger Anna-Megan Raley wrote: '[Mrs Williams] has been criticized by some folks in [Oklahoma] for having “pudginess” around her waistline... Is this chick “too chunky” to be a cheerleader?'

Outraged commenters on the CBS Houston site called for Ms Raley to be fired, with many writing: 'This is a disgusting waste of an article.'

Ms Raley's post — which was down from the website, but is able to be retrieved through a web cache — also noted that the Rockets, who were playing the Thunders, 'weren’t the only bad-looking people on the court.'

Mrs WIlliams, who has cheered for three-years on the squad, was pictured in the article 'at a bad angle' wrote some commenters.
    Under the pen name 'Claire Crawford,' blogger Anna-Megan Raley said Miss Williams had a 'pudgy waistline'
    A poll then asked visitors to the site to weigh in.

Three choices were offered: 'She has the perfect look to be an NBA cheerleader,' or 'She could use some tightening up in her midsection,' and finally, 'She has no business wearing that outfit in front of people.'
    Ashton Foster, a graduate of New York Film Academy, remarked that Miss Raley's post was a 'vapid, poorly written, goosip girl blog entry.'
    She wrote in the comments section: 'You should be ashamed of yourself... This is disgusting... You're cruel. GROW UP.'

Kathy Koehn Hessel added: 'I find this offensive and rude. How would you like this written about someone you know or care about?'
    Agreeing, another commenter wrote: 'It's a hateful attack on a beautiful, talented, motivated woman, and articles like this contribute to the degradation of society, as well as the negative body image so many women struggle with BECAUSE of media outlets.

'Claire, shame on you.'
    Ms Raley, who also previously wrote a blog post for the Houston Chronicle, in which she tried out to be a cheerleader and posted a video of her audition, has since had her work on the CBS Houston webiste taken down.

Participant
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She needs a Boob Job, but a Keeper I say!

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    she's ok..butterhead
    I wonder what its like to be the head honcho? I'd shout out an order, I think were out of this man get me some.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If she feels comfortable wearing those outfits ... then everyone should fuck off. Plus, this is a too chunky cheerleader:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/Psychotic_Sadness/We__re_All_Mad_Here____by_thefontbandit-1-1-1.jpg

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    If she feels comfortable wearing those outfits ... then everyone should fuck off. Plus, this is a too chunky cheerleader:

WTG Ashley, check out the ham hocks on that pig
    I wonder what its like to be the head honcho? I'd shout out an order, I think were out of this man get me some.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    anyone can be a cheerleader. its about team spirit not looks.
    Move on, its no good to go back in time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBESE, lol