○ You will hate me eventually ○ Kramer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Dear Mr President, During my shift in the Emergency Room last night

Dear Mr President, During my shift in the Emergency Room last night

Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive Shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive
    Brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

While glancing over her Patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medic...aid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care?

I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance.

It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
    STARNER JONES, MD

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Been going on LONG LONG LONG before the healthcare initiative.
    Wake me up when its all over when Im wiser and Im older

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all bad behavior is barry's fault.
    Not one shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so tired of people with money, telling people without money, what they should be doing with the scraps they are given.

Fuck off, doctor. Maybe, if you stopped charging 1000% more than what your services cost, people would be able to afford healthcare.

But until people like you, stop playing "Jack the price up" with insurance companies, and start actually CARING ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE, this shit will never change.
    "It'll come back three times, once in the name of deceit,
    twice for your malice, three times when I take you away."

http://kramersforum.com/forum/showth...emedy-s-Region

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well Rem, when Medicare and Medicaid only pays about 7% of what a service with cost of staffing and machines and software, the hospitals and doctors have to make up for it somewhere.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn View Post
    well Rem, when Medicare and Medicaid only pays about 7% of what a service with cost of staffing and machines and software, the hospitals and doctors have to make up for it somewhere.....
    I know. I get that the system is way beyond, just one doctor or hospital changing the way things work.

But the fact is, is that the medical field priced itself into this mess, a long time ago. And insurance companies jumped right on the band wagon, in order to make profit, and just made everything worse.

Think about it. How much does it cost for an x-ray. What, probably about $800-$1000? Well lets break that down. Lets assume that it's $1000.

Now, lets say that the machine they use to do them, costs the hospital, or doctor's office $30,000. (I know my numbers are not accurate, but you should be able to see my point)

If they do 30 x-rays, they've paid for their machine. And they probably do 30 x-rays in about a month or two.

So, the machine is paid off, but they sill charge the same amount. That's $1000 a pop, that is COMPLETE profit.

Apply that to everything else they do, and they are cleaning up.

Meanwhile. You have to work for almost a month, to pay off the bill, that stems from 30 seconds of work that doesn't cost the hospital or doctors office a dime, after labor.

Again, I get that my numbers are not accurate. But that doesn't make my point any less valid.

And for someone, who makes that much money, to even begin to pretend like they have a basic understanding of how it is to live on low income, is outrageous, and offensive.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What an arrogant prick. He assumes every person on Medicaid is hiding income and gaming the system. I'm sure the dear doctor uses no tax shelters at filing time.
    "She told me to come, but I was already there."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsy View Post
    What an arrogant prick. He assumes every person on Medicaid is hiding income and gaming the system. I'm sure the dear doctor uses no tax shelters at filing time.
    EXACTLY.

Prove that you NEVER use tax breaks, and then you can bitch about the poor not acting poor enough.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the hospital bills 1000 dollars for xray to medicare they will usually get about 100 bucks max, a major medical insurance company maybe 3-400 and then there is the upkeep on the machine, films, chemicals, repairs, and of course staff who knows how to use it, it is definitely not just that black and white.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why should someone who does not work, or who is on assistance of any kind be able to afford to live just like the people that work and pay the taxes for their assistance? If you work and pay taxes, shouldn't you then be allowed to have a little better comfort level? Or should everyone, working or non-working live in a shithole in the same hood?
    "I wonder if mermaid's vaginas smell like fish." Keith Kramer